Grease is considered good at times when you need to keep your machinery lubricated. But it becomes terrible when it gets accumulated on kitchen tops, cupboards, doors, and other appliances. During frying and sauteing, multiple cooking oil droplets get splashed, stick to the stove, and other nearby items. There are some tips to follow while cooking to keep your kitchen appliances and the whole area grease-free.
- Wash your kitchen surface and countertops daily, preferably before going to bed.
- Use the exhaust fan while cooking to prevent grease stains from accumulating over cabinets and walls.
- Use a cleaning solution regularly to keep your cooking space look sparkling clean.
- To prevent grease from running down the drain, soak your sink with bleach, leave it for 30 minutes, and then rinse your sink with warm water.
- You can also use natural products like lemon juice or club soda to keep your sink free from oil and grease stains.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth for removing grease from tiles and other kitchen surfaces.
Essential Grease Fighting Products
- Vegetable oil:- You can use vegetable oil to remove kitchen grease. A paper napkin dipped or soaked in this oil can help remove difficult stains with ease.
- Sodium Bicarbonate:- Commonly known as baking soda can help clean grease from many surfaces. As it is abrasive, you need to be very gentle with scrubbing. It can damage surfaces, pans, pots, and drains. Hence, you need to sprinkle baking soda on a damp cloth or a piece of a wet sponge and gently scrub while using. To remove its residue, you should always clean the surface with a damp cloth.
- Vinegar:- Cleaning the greased surface with white vinegar leaves your kitchen with a sharp smell if not diluted. So mix it with water in a half-and-half ratio before filling it in your spray bottle. You can also add some essential oil like lemon oil to enhance its smell. But if your kitchen has become messy due to often deep frying, you can apply undiluted vinegar. You have to pour vinegar directly into the spraying bottle and generously apply it to the affected areas. Then leave it for 5 to 10 minutes to set and can clean the surface with a dishcloth.
- Dishwashing liquid:- As a perfect cleaner to cut the grease and grime on dishes and effectively remove the stain, dish soap is beneficial. The only thing you have to do is pour a few drops of dishwashing liquid in the warm water, soak a cleaning scrub and squeeze it completely. Scrub the greasy area in repeat mode to remove stubborn stains and then wipe them off with a dry cloth.
- Citrus multipurpose remover:- Citrus oil is a natural grease remover just like white vinegar. Citrus oil can use it with warm water to decrease the extra accumulation.
Is Grease Accumulation Unsafe?
Of course, grease accumulation is dangerous because it is highly flammable and can lead to a fire. Therefore install a fire extinguisher outside your kitchen for more safety. Always make sure to clean up the sticky grease while making bacon grease in cooking fat.
People often leave pans on the stove with oil still in them. There are chances that the oil may catch fire called grease fire just because either the oil has become too hot after boiling for a long time or Hence it is good to add a little water to the pan if such a thing occurs.
A greasy kitchen is very annoying, but it becomes difficult to help with cleaning often due to a busy schedule. Smooth hands and cooking oil are the leading cause of accumulation. But you can’t help. There are some DIY tricks discussed in this article to make you aware of remedies against grease build-up. You can opt for some easy cleaning tips and remove stains from countertops, cupboards, utensils, and other kitchen appliances with ease.