Looking out for recipe ideas can be challenging, especially if you’re not used to cooking for a big family or if you have to cater to picky kids. Picking a single meal that meets all the conditions required for a big family of picky eaters can seem pretty much impossible. Using these recipes will be a game-changer for you, and your kids will be looking forward to some scrumptious home-made dinners served with love by you.
- 6-ounce bag of blue corn tortilla
- 2 cups of proteins (black beans, shrimp, beef, roasted chicken)
- 1 1/2 fresh cup of divided pico de gallo
- Black olives
- Toppings besides
- 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Easy Guacamole
- Optional – Sour cream
- Position your oven rack at the middle of the oven, proceed to turn on your oven at Broil – High
- Use 2-3 cookie sheets (For every two people, use one cookie sheet) with parchment paper, ensure that you cut out the parchment paper in half so that each half could be served to people in their own “paper tray.”
- Spread the chips onto the 4-6 servings, layer the chips with your preference proteins, such as black beans, pico de gallo, and other toppings your wish to add. Finally, add a Player of cheese on the top.
- Place the cookie sheet inside the oven for 3 minutes approximately. Once it has been heated, and the cheese has melted, remove it from the oven. Make sure it is not overcooked. Repeat the same process for the next tray of nachos.
- Place the parchment paper onto large plates carefully, and your dish is ready to serve. You can use guacamole, salsa, and sour cream for toppings also.
- Flour of Tortilla – 4
- Cooking spray or Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce – 1 cup
- Shredded Cheeses – ½ cup
- Chopped Basil
- Preheat the oven to 190C or 375F, and line large baking sheets with parchment papers.
- Spray cooking spray on tortillas or brush with some olive oil.
- Over each tortilla spread a thin layer of Marinara Sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and your preferred toppings over each tortilla
- Position the tortillas over the baking sheets and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes.
- After the countdown, remove the tortillas from the oven, slice them, and it’s ready to serve; if you intend to pack it for lunch, ensure the slices have cooled down before you pack it lunch boxes.
Healthy Baked Fish Nuggets
- 1lbs of salmon fillets cut from the center, skinned, and sliced in 1′ inch thick pieces
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Fine sea salt – ½ teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Eggs – 3
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – 1 cup
- Panko Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 232C or 450F, and line large baking sheets with parchment papers.
- Salmon fillets should be rinsed and patted dry with paper towels; Slice 1′ inch thick pieces, slice vertically for every ½ and horizontally right over the skin to make nuggets.
- Fill a medium-sized bowl with salt, flour, as well as pepper. Stir to mix it.
- In a different medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Coat the salmon pieces with seasoned flour; remove any extra flour by patting it off. Dip it into the Parmesan mixture and eggs, press the mixture into the fish gently.
- Position the breaded salmon fillets on the baking sheets. Sprinkle olive oil lightly on top of it, and proceed to bake for 15 to 20 minutes or till they appear golden brown and crispy.
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces of cooked boxed pasta
- Cubed Mozzarella Cheese – ¾ cup
- Chopped broccoli florets – 1 cup
- Quartered nitrate-free pepperoni slices – 4 ounces
- Sliced black olives – 1/3 cup
- Halved cherry tomatoes – 1 cup
- Italian Dressing – ¼ cup (1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or olive oil)
- Pepper or salt to taste
- Cook the pasta based on its box’s directions, drain and rinse. Place the pasta in a large bowl and wait for it to cool down to room temperature.
- Till then, chop the ingredients and throw it into the bowl; once the pasta has cooled down, throw in cheese too (tossing in cheese early would cause it to melt)
- Add on Italian Dressing and toss it for it to combine nicely. Season it with pepper and salt to taste.
- You can refrigerate it overnight or serve it immediately. Place the leftovers in an airtight container for three days max.
Gluten-Free Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 1.5 lbs of Chicken breasts sliced into ½ inch cubes
- Eggs beaten, 2
- Coconut flour – ½ cup
- Onion powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder – 1 tablespoon
- Paprika – ½ teaspoon
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Oil for frying purposes
- Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel by patting them, a sharp knife to cut them into nugget sized 1-inch pieces.
- Beat the eggs and set them aside in a bowl
- Combine the flour and seasonings in a bowl
- Dip the chicken in the eggs, followed by the seasoned coconut flour mixture; ensure that you turn and cover the chicken from all sides.
- Then, fill the frying pan with oil till it’s ½ or ¾ inches high and heat at medium heat till the temperature is about 160C or 325F.
- Pan-fry the nugget for around 2-3 minutes for each side. Please remove it from the pan and place it on the paper towel-lined plate and repeat it for the remaining nuggets.
These recipes will ensure that you’re always ready to take your kids by surprise, and your little picky dinners will love to munch whatever you cook for them. The only formula for a good cook is to choose a recipe based on the occasion or be based on kids’ preference.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure Statement : HouseLifeToday.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links.