- 1 Top 4 Wireless Home Theater Systems
- 2 What Criteria Did We Use to Compare Wireless Home Theater Systems?
- 3 #1- Bose Lifestyle 650 Home Entertainment System
- 4 System Components
- 5 Criteria Analysis
- 6 #2 – Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System
- 7 System Components
- 8 Criteria Analysis
- 9 Save $20-$125 On Sonos Wireless Speaker Sets.
- 10 #3 – Sony 7.2 Channel 3D 4K A/V Surround Sound Multimedia Home Theater System
- 11 System Components
- 12 Criteria Analysis
- 13 #4 – JBL Bar 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Soundbar With True Wireless Surround Speakers
- 14 System Components
- 15 Criteria Analysis
- 16 Our Verdict
Top 4 Wireless Home Theater Systems
Wireless technology is taking over the home entertainment market, with systems popping up at every price point and for every lifestyle. Join us as we set out to compare wireless home theater systems to find out which systems shout out loud and which get silenced by the din of the crowd.
What Criteria Did We Use to Compare Wireless Home Theater Systems?
In our bid to compare wireless home theater systems, we focused on the factors consumers mention most in forums and reviews. Specifically, we will compare wireless home theater systems for overall reliability, performance, ease of use, and value for the dollar. We used each system’s rating for each of these criteria to determine the top 4 wireless home theater systems. Our top picks are listed below. Number 1 represents our pick for the best wireless home theater system, and number 4 represents our third runner-up.
#1- Bose Lifestyle 650 Home Entertainment System
The BOSE Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system’s anodized aluminum casing has the high-end modern look and feel that we expect from BOSE. And the Omni Jewel satellite speakers with 360-degree surround sound make sure the performance is as modern and innovative as the appearance. The ADAPTIQ sound calibration system makes set-up and fine-tuning tasks simple.
The BOSE system is one of the premier wireless systems on the market and features several extra features that the mid-range systems lack. Support for WiFi, Bluetooth, and Alexa combined with SoundTouch technology allows you to stream music from sites like Pandora or Spotify or from your own music collection with ease. Most wired components can be connected easily using one of the 5 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI ARC output, 2 optical, 2, coaxial, and 2 RCA ports offered.
However, all of this functionality does not come cheap. The Bose Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system costs more than twice as much as the other list entries, but if you have the means to afford the high price tag, the BOSE Lifestyle 650 is definitely in a class of its own.
- Anodized aluminum console with 5 HDMI input, 1 HDMI ARC output, 2 optical, 2, coaxial, and 2 RCA ports and full WiFi or Bluetooth support
- Omni Jewel satellite super slim surround sound speakers provide 360-degree surround sound
- One super slim center channel speaker completes the 36- degree sound immersion experience and provides crisp dialogue
- Acoustimass wireless bass module provides deep, rich bass wherever you like without the mess of wires
- Excellent reliability: BOSE is known for producing a high-quality product, and the Lifestyle 650 is no exception
- Excellent performance: BOSE performance is hard to top
- Fair value: the price tag on the Lifestyle 650 is fair considering the quality and extreme performance options, but it may be too much for most budgets
#2 – Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System
The Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System is controlled by the Sonos PLAYBAR soundbar, which connects to your television using a single optical cable and power cord. Connect any DVD players, cable boxes, or gaming consoles to your television in the normal fashion, and PLAYBAR takes control from there. PLAYBAR links wirelessly to the included subwoofer and 2 rear channel speakers.
Sonos earned our top honor for its superb sound quality and easy set-up and configuration using the Sonos app. Best of all, consumers who purchased the Sonos system previously are so pleased with its performance that they frequently return to add new components to the original system years later.
- Sonos PLAYBAR with 2 subwoofers and 2 tweeters on each side for rich sound effects
- Two center subwoofers and 1 tweeter for crisp dialogue
- SUB subwoofer with 2 class D amps delivers deep bass with sounds as deep as 25Hz
- Rear channel subwoofers with 1 class D amp each fill in the sound effects, creating an immersive theater audio experience
- Excellent reliability: Sonos is a flagship wireless audio provider known for producing high quality, long-lasting products
- Good performance: Sonos speakers have a remarkably crisp sound and come with a free configuration app, making fine-tuning simple
- Excellent value: the Sonos system is one of the lowest-priced options and offers an impressive array of media options for the price
#3 – Sony 7.2 Channel 3D 4K A/V Surround Sound Multimedia Home Theater System
The Sony 7.2 channel 3D 4K A/V surround sound multimedia home theater system provides the professional live concert venue sound and long-lasting quality that that Sony is so well known for. This wireless system is ultra-connectable, with 6 HDMI, 1 USB, and 4 stereo ports. The receiver can connect to all your entertainment components and send the audio out wirelessly to any room in your home.
- Sony 7.2 Dolby Atmos Wi-Fi Network AV Home Theater Receiver with 4k Ultra HD pass-through and HDR imaging for superb image quality
- Two floor-standing stereo speakers for immersive sound effects
- A 10-inch subwoofer for deep bass sound
- A 3-way, 3 driver speaker system for full-range sound effects
- A 3-way, 3 driver center speaker system for crisp dialogue
- Excellent reliability: Sony has a well-deserved reputation for durable, high-quality products
- Fair performance: Sony’s Dolby Atmos and 4K Ultra HD enhance the quality, though a weak WiFi signal may not allow full expression
- Good value: the price is commensurate with other similarly equipped systems of good quality
#4 – JBL Bar 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Soundbar With True Wireless Surround Speakers
The JBL Bar 4K Ultra HD 5.1 channel soundbar system features true wireless, battery-powered surround sound speakers with a generous 10-hour playtime and a 10″ wireless subwoofer. The 5.1 channel soundbar has 3 HDMI ports for connecting multiple components with either traditional or 4K devices. The wireless speakers connect to the soundbar using reliable Bluetooth connectivity.
- 1 channel soundbar with 3 HDMI In/ HDMI Out (ARC) ports for true 4K connectivity backed by 510 watts of power
- Detachable battery-powered surround sound speakers with 10 hours of playtime and Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- 10-inch Subwoofer for rich bass sound
- Good reliability: JBL lacks the high-end feel of its competitors, but consumer reports show few reliability complaints
- Good performance: JBL produces a solid audio performance
- Fair value: the JBL is the lowest-priced system on the list and provides a respectable amount of functionality for the price
After comparing the top contenders, the BOSE Lifestyle 650 was in a class all its own, though the price tag reflects this superiority and may be too expensive for the average budget. Fortunately, the three runner-up systems are all excellent choices. Visit House Life Today regularly to learn more about tech, home trends, and improvements.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure Statement HouseLifeToday.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links.